Re: generic pseudotype IO functions?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: generic pseudotype IO functions?
Дата
Re: generic pseudotype IO functions?  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2014-01-06 11:28:29 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On 1/6/14, 10:29 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> This will break some of the function sanity checks in opr_sanity,
>
> > Then the tests can be changed.
>
> That will weaken their ability to detect actual mistakes, no?

FWIW, I am perfectly fine with duplicating the functions for now - I
just thought that that might not be the best way but I didn't (and still
don't) have a strong opinion. That's why I didn't supply a patch ;)

> If there were a large benefit to merging the pseudotype I/O functions,
> I'd think this would be acceptable; but merging them seems of mighty
> marginal value.

I think I am less concerned about pseudotypes.c than about bloating
pg_proc.h even further and about the annoyance of editing it - but I
guess that should rather be fixed by storing it in a more sensible
format at some point...

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services