Re: generic pseudotype IO functions?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: generic pseudotype IO functions?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I think I am less concerned about pseudotypes.c than about bloating
> pg_proc.h even further and about the annoyance of editing it - but I
> guess that should rather be fixed by storing it in a more sensible
> format at some point...

Yeah, getting rid of a dozen pseudotype I/O functions is hardly going
to reduce the PITA factor of editing pg_proc.h.  It's interesting to
think about moving all those DATA() macros into some more-maintainable
format --- I'm not sure what it should be exactly, but I think something
that can insert plausible defaults for omitted columns would be a big help
for pg_proc and maybe some of the other catalogs too.