Re: pg_rewarm status

От Cédric Villemain
Тема Re: pg_rewarm status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Le mardi 17 décembre 2013 21:14:44, Josh Berkus a écrit :
> On 12/17/2013 06:34 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 12:09 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >> I have used pg_prewarm during some of work related to Buffer Management
> >> and other performance related work. It is quite useful utility.
> >> +1 for reviving this patch for 9.4
> >
> > Any other votes?
>
> I still support this patch (as I did originally), and don't think that
> the overlap with pgFincore is of any consequence.  pgFincore does more
> than pgrewarm ever will, but it's also platform-specific, so it still
> makes sense for both to exist.

Just for information, pgFincore is NOT limited to linux (the most interesting
part, the memory snapshot, works also on BSD based kernels with mincore()
syscall).
Like for the PostgreSQL effective_io_concurrency (and pg_warm) it just doesn't
work when posix_fadvise is not available.

--
Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52
http://2ndQuadrant.fr/