Re: pg_rewarm status

От Cédric Villemain
Тема Re: pg_rewarm status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Le mardi 17 décembre 2013 17:45:51, Robert Haas a écrit :
> On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 11:02 AM, Jim Nasby <jim@nasby.net> wrote:
> > On 12/17/13, 8:34 AM, Robert Haas wrote:

> >> Any other votes?
> >
> > We've had to manually code something that runs EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT *
> > from a bunch of tables to warm our caches after a restart, but there's
> > numerous flaws to that approach obviously.
> >
> > Unfortunately, what we really need to warm isn't the PG buffers, it's the
> > FS cache, which I suspect this won't help. But I still see where just
> > pg_buffers would be useful for a lot of folks, so +1.
>
> It'll do either one.  For the FS cache, on Linux, you can also use
> pgfincore.

on Linux, *BSD (including OS X). like what's in postgresql. Only Windows is
out of scope so far. and there is a solution for windows too, there is just no
requirement from pgfincore users.

Maybe you can add the windows support in PostgreSQL now ?

--
Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52
http://2ndQuadrant.fr/