Re: Adding Oracle Linux to the Linux Download pages

От Cédric Villemain
Тема Re: Adding Oracle Linux to the Linux Download pages
Дата
Re: Adding Oracle Linux to the Linux Download pages  (Lenz Grimmer <lenz@grimmer.com>)
Список pgsql-www
Le mardi 17 décembre 2013 03:18:52, Josh Berkus a écrit :
> On 12/16/2013 03:20 PM, Lenz Grimmer wrote:
> > I'd like to ask if it would be possible to add Oracle Linux to the list
> > of distributions on the PostgreSQL download pages. In particular, I'd
> > like to
>
> > suggest the following changes:
> I don't see any reason why we wouldn't list OL alongside the other Red
> Hat variants, if the RPMs work on it.

What is the added value ?

PostgreSQL has RPM package, I'm not sure it is valuable to list the variants,
we may list them on yum.postgresql.org or on a download/RPM page so that users
can have alternatives between the RPM provided by PGDG and those provided by
their distribution system.

I believe the download page needs us to remove words, not add more.

PS: ok for change #2 , not ok for #1 in Lenz' request.
--
Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52
http://2ndQuadrant.fr/