Re: Adding Oracle Linux to the Linux Download pages

От Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Тема Re: Adding Oracle Linux to the Linux Download pages
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 12/17/2013 12:59 PM, Cédric Villemain wrote:
> Le mardi 17 décembre 2013 03:18:52, Josh Berkus a écrit :
>> On 12/16/2013 03:20 PM, Lenz Grimmer wrote:
>>> I'd like to ask if it would be possible to add Oracle Linux to the list
>>> of distributions on the PostgreSQL download pages. In particular, I'd
>>> like to
>>
>>> suggest the following changes:
>> I don't see any reason why we wouldn't list OL alongside the other Red
>> Hat variants, if the RPMs work on it.
>
> What is the added value ?
From a customer perspective: I know where I can get "fresh" and updated
packages, in case my vendor only provides outdated packages. Since
Oracle (in this case) rebrands almost everything, a customer might not
be aware that he actually runs a Red Hat system, and might not know the
specific underlaying version of the Red Hat system.

That said: I agree that we should either provide information that we
support this specific platform & version, or that the packages are
provided "as is", without support.

--             Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Adding Oracle Linux to the Linux Download pages
Сообщение: Re: Adding Oracle Linux to the Linux Download pages