Re: Adding Oracle Linux to the Linux Download pages

От Lenz Grimmer
Тема Re: Adding Oracle Linux to the Linux Download pages
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 12:59 PM, Cédric Villemain
<cedric@2ndquadrant.fr> wrote:
> Le mardi 17 décembre 2013 03:18:52, Josh Berkus a écrit :
>>
>> > suggest the following changes:
>> I don't see any reason why we wouldn't list OL alongside the other Red
>> Hat variants, if the RPMs work on it.
>
> What is the added value ?

It would indicate another platform that supports and ships PostgreSQL
by default.

> PostgreSQL has RPM package, I'm not sure it is valuable to list the variants,
> we may list them on yum.postgresql.org or on a download/RPM page so that users
> can have alternatives between the RPM provided by PGDG and those provided by
> their distribution system.
> I believe the download page needs us to remove words, not add more.

I was not aware of http://yum.postgresql.org/ - I agree it would make
sense to add OL there, too. If you want to shorten the list, how about
condensing the various entries on there as follows - instead of one
bullet point per distribution, consolidate them into a single bullet
per major version:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
Scientific Linux 6                     --->   Red Hat Enterprise Linux
6 and derivatives (e.g. CentOS, Oracle Linux, Scientific Linux)
CentOS 6

Lenz
-- Lenz Grimmer <lenz@grimmer.com> -  http://www.lenzg.net/

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Adding Oracle Linux to the Linux Download pages
Сообщение: Re: Adding Oracle Linux to the Linux Download pages