Re: How do I create a box from fields in a table?

От D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Тема Re: How do I create a box from fields in a table?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 17:05:07 +0200
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> For some reason, there's no constructor function to make a box from
> four floats.  But there is a box constructor that takes two points,
> as well as a point constructor that takes two floats; so you could do
> something like
>
>     box(point(location, 1), point(2, 3))

Kind of makes sense anyway.  The only improvement I would make is to
allow a shortcut like this;

    box((0, 1), (2, 3))

In fact, casting an array of two floats in a point context to a point
would be a good idea anyway.  In fact, this seems to work already if
quotes are added:

    box('(0, 1), (2, 3)')

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves
+1 416 788 2246     (DoD#0082)    (eNTP)   |  what's for dinner.