Re: pgbench progress report improvements - split 3 v2

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: pgbench progress report improvements - split 3 v2
Дата
Re: pgbench progress report improvements - split 3 v2 - A  (Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 10:41:17PM +0200, Fabien COELHO wrote:
> These changes are coupled because measures are changed, and their
> reporting as well. Submitting separate patches for these different
> features would result in conflicting or dependent patches, so I
> wish to avoid that if possible.

My feelings on the patch split haven't changed; your three bullet points call
for four separate patches.  Conflicting patches are bad, but dependent patches
are okay; just disclose the dependency order.  How about this: as a next step,
please extract just this feature that I listed last Saturday:
 Patch (4): Redefine "latency" as reported by pgbench and report "lag" more.

Once that's committed, we can move on to others.

nm

--
Noah Misch
EnterpriseDB                                 http://www.enterprisedb.com