[hypothetical product] support of PostgreSQL

От alvherre@2ndquadrant.com
Тема [hypothetical product] support of PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: [hypothetical product] support of PostgreSQL  (Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-www
People,

We just got a post to pgsql-announce like this:

> [SnakeOil] is planning to add support of PostgreSQL to the [SnakeOil] Engine
> product, and could use the help and expertise of people within the Postgres
> community to ensure that we are building a product that works well for
> Postgres environments.
>
> Customers use [SnakeOil] to eliminate obstacles for agile development and to
> move apps/DBs into their private cloud infrastructure (including Unix to
> Linux conversions). We are currently also used for critical enterprise
> applications like SAP and Oracle EBS, for datacenter consolidation, and to
> improve SLAs for database data protection. While agility and productivity
> benefits outweigh cost savings, our software will often pay for itself in
> storage, backup, and operating cost savings.
>

> Here's a link, if you'd like to see how Facebook reduced its financial
> close from 21 to 2 days with [SnakeOil]:
> http://www.example.com/resources/.
>
> Please let me know if you're interested in hearing more about the product,
> providing input, and/or being a Beta tester oft he product.

Of course, it isn't exactly snake oil that they're selling.  But the
post was rejected (rightfully, ISTM) by a pgsql-announce moderator, and
the person posting it just wrote to the pgsql-announce owner to ask
about this rejection:

> Can you please give me some info about why my post was rejected? I'm
> not sure if I need to re-formulate it or if the subject is
> inappropriate.

What do we want to tell them?

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: