Re: BUG #8271: Configure warning: sys/ucred.h: present but cannot be compiled

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: BUG #8271: Configure warning: sys/ucred.h: present but cannot be compiled
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2013-07-25 11:50:47 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > The problem is that you can't include sys/ucred.h on some platforms
> > (e.g. openbsd) without first including sys/params.h because the
> > resulting file won't compile.
>
> BTW, after committing this I re-reviewed the thread and realized that
> actually this problem is strictly cosmetic.  The net effect of the
> configure bug is is that it (1) doesn't set HAVE_SYS_UCRED_H and
> as a consequence (2) doesn't set HAVE_STRUCT_CMSGCRED.

Yes, I've commented on that upthread. The cosmetics are worth fixing
though, since I've posted in this thread several people mailed me
because they thought this was the cause of actually unrelated
problems... The last mail was what reminded me of the patch today ;)

> So on an OpenBSD build that code wouldn't be used anyway (not even
> when talking to a pre-9.1 server, if I'm interpreting the comment
> correctly).

As far as I understood it, it wouldn't be used as long as you're not
talking to a server on another platform that supports AUTH_REQ_SCM_CREDS
serverside. Which is pretty unlikely, I grant you that ;)

Not that it really matters, but I am slightly doubtful about the
"kfreebsd only" claim. Given the age of that code relative do kfreebsd
there at least had to be some more platforms needing that codepath at
some point.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: BUG #8271: Configure warning: sys/ucred.h: present but cannot be compiled
Сообщение: Re: BUG #8271: Configure warning: sys/ucred.h: present but cannot be compiled