Re: BUG #8271: Configure warning: sys/ucred.h: present but cannot be compiled

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #8271: Configure warning: sys/ucred.h: present but cannot be compiled
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On 2013-07-25 11:50:47 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> So on an OpenBSD build that code wouldn't be used anyway (not even
>> when talking to a pre-9.1 server, if I'm interpreting the comment
>> correctly).

> As far as I understood it, it wouldn't be used as long as you're not
> talking to a server on another platform that supports AUTH_REQ_SCM_CREDS
> serverside. Which is pretty unlikely, I grant you that ;)

But SCM_CREDS is only relevant to Unix-socket connections, so the server
has to be under the same kernel as the client.

> Not that it really matters, but I am slightly doubtful about the
> "kfreebsd only" claim. Given the age of that code relative do kfreebsd
> there at least had to be some more platforms needing that codepath at
> some point.

Of course.  There's some historical context in the commit message for
be4585b1c27ac5dbdd0d61740d18f7ad9a00e268 --- basically the point is that
kfreebsd was the last live platform on which we'd use credentials
messages.