Re: BUG #8271: Configure warning: sys/ucred.h: present but cannot be compiled

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #8271: Configure warning: sys/ucred.h: present but cannot be compiled
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> The problem is that you can't include sys/ucred.h on some platforms
> (e.g. openbsd) without first including sys/params.h because the
> resulting file won't compile.

BTW, after committing this I re-reviewed the thread and realized that
actually this problem is strictly cosmetic.  The net effect of the
configure bug is is that it (1) doesn't set HAVE_SYS_UCRED_H and
as a consequence (2) doesn't set HAVE_STRUCT_CMSGCRED.  However,
that's only examined in one place in libpq, which says:

 * Note: this is dead code as of Postgres 9.1, because current backends will
 * never send this challenge.  But we must keep it as long as libpq needs to
 * interoperate with pre-9.1 servers.  It is believed to be needed only on
 * Debian/kFreeBSD (ie, FreeBSD kernel with Linux userland, so that the
 * getpeereid() function isn't provided by libc).

So on an OpenBSD build that code wouldn't be used anyway (not even
when talking to a pre-9.1 server, if I'm interpreting the comment
correctly).