Re: changeset generation v5-01 - Patches & git tree

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: changeset generation v5-01 - Patches & git tree
Дата
Re: changeset generation v5-01 - Patches & git tree  (Steve Singer <steve@ssinger.info>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2013-06-27 21:52:03 -0700, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
> > Hm. There were some issues with the test_logical_decoding
> > Makefile not cleaning up the regression installation properly.
> > Which might have caused the issue.
> >
> > Could you try after applying the patches and executing a clean
> > and then rebuild?
>
> Tried, and problem persists.
>
> > Otherwise, could you try applying my git tree so we are sure we
> > test the same thing?
> >
> > $ git remote add af git://git.postgresql.org/git/users/andresfreund/postgres.git
> > $ git fetch af
> > $ git checkout -b xlog-decoding af/xlog-decoding-rebasing-cf4
> > $ ./configure ...
> > $ make
>
> Tried that, too, and problem persists.  The log shows the last
> commit on your branch as 022c2da1873de2fbc93ae524819932719ca41bdb.

Ok. I think I have a slight idea what's going on. Could you check
whether recompiling with -O0 "fixes" the issue?

There's something strange going on here, not sure whether it's just a
bug that's hidden, by either not doing optimizations or by adding more
elog()s, or wheter it's a compiler bug.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services