Re: changeset generation v5-01 - Patches & git tree

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: changeset generation v5-01 - Patches & git tree
Дата
Re: changeset generation v5-01 - Patches & git tree  (Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: changeset generation v5-01 - Patches & git tree  (Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> Hm. There were some issues with the test_logical_decoding
> Makefile not cleaning up the regression installation properly.
> Which might have caused the issue.
>
> Could you try after applying the patches and executing a clean
> and then rebuild?

Tried, and problem persists.

> Otherwise, could you try applying my git tree so we are sure we
> test the same thing?
>
> $ git remote add af git://git.postgresql.org/git/users/andresfreund/postgres.git
> $ git fetch af
> $ git checkout -b xlog-decoding af/xlog-decoding-rebasing-cf4
> $ ./configure ...
> $ make

Tried that, too, and problem persists.  The log shows the last
commit on your branch as 022c2da1873de2fbc93ae524819932719ca41bdb.

Because you mention possible problems with the regression test
cleanup for test_logical_decoding I also tried:

rm -fr contrib/test_logical_decoding/
git reset --hard HEAD
make world
make check-world

I get the same failure, with primary key or unique index column
showing as 0 in results.

I am off on vacation tomorrow and next week.  Will dig into this
with gdb if not solved when I get back -- unless you have a better
suggestion for how to figure it out.

Once this is solved, I will be working with testing the final
result of all these layers, including creating a second output
plugin.  I want to confirm that multiple plugins play well
together.  I'm glad to see other eyes also on this patch set.

--
Kevin Grittner
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company