Re: Installing multiple instances of Postgred on one FreeBSD server

От Jim Mercer
Тема Re: Installing multiple instances of Postgred on one FreeBSD server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 05:29:53PM +0300, Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
> 1st the above links do not reveal anything new.
> 2nd, judging by the wiki : https://wiki.freebsd.org/Jails ,
> jailified SysV IPC (or SysV IPC-ified jails) (the specific territory where pgsql comes in contact with jails)
> are in stalled state.

ah, hrm.

to be honest, i was making some assumptions, and now that i think of it, yeah
the shared memory stuff is the likely cause of problems.

i was pretty sure that i was running pgsql in jails, and i looked at the
servers i set up that way, only to find that i had build the server on
the main system, and ran pgsql-client inside the jails, without issues.

i suppose i should have fired up pgsql server in one of my jails to be sure.

apologies to anyone i sent off on a goose chase.

> Latest work i recall was for this docs.freevps.com/doku.php?id=freebsd:changelog project
> and i remember that getting this through was something not easy to do.
>
> That's why i asked about any milestones in FreeBSD jail implementation.
> It just does not seem normal, all of a sudden for pgsql to work that nice in FreeBSD jails,
> there have been also some rather "warm" discussions here in these very lists.

i'm relatively new to the pgsql lists (although i've been using pgsql since
at least the mid-90's).

--jim

--
Jim Mercer     Reptilian Research      jim@reptiles.org    +1 416 410-5633
"He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless dead"

Сообщение: Re: Installing multiple instances of Postgred on one FreeBSD server
Сообщение: Re: Installing multiple instances of Postgred on one FreeBSD server