Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads

Список
Период
Сортировка
От ktm@rice.edu
Тема Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Дерево обсуждения
Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Anne Rosset, )
 Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  ("", )
  Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Anne Rosset, )
   Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  ("", )
    Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Scott Marlowe, )
    Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Anne Rosset, )
     Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Igor Neyman, )
      Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Anne Rosset, )
       Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Igor Neyman, )
        Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Anne Rosset, )
         Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Thomas Kellerer, )
          Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Igor Neyman, )
          Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Anne Rosset, )
           Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Gavin Flower, )
         Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Igor Neyman, )
          Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Anne Rosset, )
           Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Igor Neyman, )
            Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Anne Rosset, )
       Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Merlin Moncure, )
On Wed, May 01, 2013 at 02:05:06PM +0000, Anne Rosset wrote:
> Hi all,
> We are running a stress test that executes one select query with multiple threads.
> The query executes very fast (10ms). It returns 100 rows.  I see deterioration in the performance when we have
multiplethreads executing the query. With 100 threads, the query takes between 3s and 8s.

> I suppose there is a way to tune our database. What are the parameters I should look into? (shared_buffer?,
wal_buffer?)

> Thanks for your help,
> Anne

Try a connection pooler like pgbouncer to keep the number of simultaneous queries
bounded to a reasonable number. You will actually get better performance.

Regards,
Ken

От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #8130: Hashjoin still gives issues
От: Craig James
Сообщение: 100x slowdown for nearly identical tables