Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads

От: Anne Rosset
Тема: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Anne Rosset, )
 Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  ("", )
  Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Anne Rosset, )
   Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  ("", )
    Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Scott Marlowe, )
    Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Anne Rosset, )
     Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Igor Neyman, )
      Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Anne Rosset, )
       Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Igor Neyman, )
        Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Anne Rosset, )
         Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Thomas Kellerer, )
          Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Igor Neyman, )
          Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Anne Rosset, )
           Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Gavin Flower, )
         Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Igor Neyman, )
          Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Anne Rosset, )
           Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Igor Neyman, )
            Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Anne Rosset, )
       Re: Deterioration in performance when query executed in multi threads  (Merlin Moncure, )

Hi all,

We are running a stress test that executes one select query with multiple threads.

The query executes very fast (10ms). It returns 100 rows.  I see deterioration in the performance when we have multiple threads executing the query. With 100 threads, the query takes between 3s and 8s.

I suppose there is a way to tune our database. What are the parameters I should look into? (shared_buffer?, wal_buffer?)

Thanks for your help,

Anne

Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #8130: Hashjoin still gives issues
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #8130: Hashjoin still gives issues