Re: COPY and Volatile default expressions

От David Fetter
Тема Re: COPY and Volatile default expressions
Дата
Re: COPY and Volatile default expressions  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 05:04:16PM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 15 April 2013 16:55, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com> writes:
> >
> >> The multi-insert optimisation for COPY is already there and works
> >> well enough to have been committed.
> >
> > You seem to not have answered the question.  Exactly what sort of
> > performance gain might be possible, bearing in mind that anything
> > that invokes a trigger (for instance) is unlikely to be amazingly
> > fast anyway?
>
> Forgive me, I assumed the list would be familiar with the
> optimization and so be excited by the need for this.
>
> I will implement as a kluge, test and report the results.

> use case, so I'll measure that.

The former is common enough a use case to optimize specifically,
should the numbers come out right.  Do you suppose that an in-core
UUID generator would help the latter make more sense as a part of the
same use case?

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Сообщение: Re: COPY and Volatile default expressions
Сообщение: Re: COPY and Volatile default expressions