Re: COPY and Volatile default expressions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: COPY and Volatile default expressions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 05:04:16PM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
>> use case, so I'll measure that.

> The former is common enough a use case to optimize specifically,
> should the numbers come out right.

Yeah.  TBH I would rather see a special-case hack in the COPY code to
accept nextval() than expose anything as dirty and special-purpose as
this proposed flag to users.  But in any case, I don't believe that
adequate evidence has been offered to show that we should do anything
at all here.