Re: Trouble connecting locally after 9.2.4 upgrade

От Bruce Hunsaker
Тема Re: Trouble connecting locally after 9.2.4 upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 04 Apr 13 17 20, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Campbell, Lance" <lance@illinois.edu> writes:
> > I figured it all out.  When I ran the configuration script I told it
> > to put the code in pgsql-9.2.4.  Then after the code installed I
> > moved it to pgsql-9.2.  Then the install could not find the proper
> > libraries.  So it used the system one.  I reinstalled but this time
> > with the target directory of pgsql-9.2.  It worked fine.  I don't
> > need the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH now.
>
> Hah.  Right, because configure would have set things up to build psql
> etc with rpaths pointing to the lib directory under the installation
> directory it was told to use.  So it'd work until you moved the lib
> directory.
>
> Moral: be careful about relocating installed trees.

That's why I like to use LDFLAGS="-Wl,-rpath,'$ORIGIN/../lib'"
when I build. It makes the install tree relocatable.

--
Bruce Hunsaker

 NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privilegedinformation. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intendedrecipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.