Re: Trouble connecting locally after 9.2.4 upgrade

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Trouble connecting locally after 9.2.4 upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Campbell, Lance" <lance@illinois.edu> writes:
> I figured it all out.  When I ran the configuration script I told it to put the code in pgsql-9.2.4.  Then after the
codeinstalled I moved it to pgsql-9.2.  Then the install could not find the proper libraries.  So it used the system
one. I reinstalled but this time with the target directory of pgsql-9.2.  It worked fine.  I don't need the environment
variableLD_LIBRARY_PATH now.

Hah.  Right, because configure would have set things up to build psql
etc with rpaths pointing to the lib directory under the installation
directory it was told to use.  So it'd work until you moved the lib
directory.

Moral: be careful about relocating installed trees.

От: "Campbell, Lance"
Сообщение: Re: Trouble connecting locally after 9.2.4 upgrade
От: Bruce Hunsaker
Сообщение: Re: Trouble connecting locally after 9.2.4 upgrade