Re: could not create directory "...": File exists

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: could not create directory "...": File exists
Дата
Re: could not create directory "...": File exists  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom,

* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> Don't see what.  The main reason we've not yet attempted a global fix is
> that the most straightforward way (take a new snapshot each time we
> start a new SnapshotNow scan) seems too expensive.  But CREATE DATABASE
> is so expensive that the cost of an extra snapshot there ain't gonna
> matter.

  Patch attached.  Passes the regression tests and our internal testing
  shows that it eliminates the error we were seeing (and doesn't cause
  blocking, which is even better).

  We have a workaround in place for our build system (more-or-less
  "don't do that" approach), but it'd really be great if this was
  back-patched and in the next round of point releases.  Glancing
  through the branches, looks like it should apply pretty cleanly.

      Thanks,

        Stephen

Вложения