Re: Teaching pg_receivexlog to follow timeline switches

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Teaching pg_receivexlog to follow timeline switches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 18.01.2013 06:38, Phil Sorber wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 9:05 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
> <hlinnakangas@vmware.com>  wrote:
>> Now that a standby server can follow timeline switches through streaming
>> replication, we should do teach pg_receivexlog to do the same. Patch
>> attached.
>
> Is it possible to re-use walreceiver code from the backend?
>
> I was thinking that it would actually be very useful to have the whole
> replication functionality modularized and in a standalone binary that
> could act as a replication proxy and WAL archiver that could run
> without all the overhead of an entire PG instance

There's much sense in trying to extract that into a stand-along module.
src/bin/pg_basebackup/receivelog.c is about 1000 lines of code at the
moment, and it looks quite different from the corresponding code in the
backend, because it doesn't have all the backend infrastructure available.

- Heikki