Re: Having a problem with RoR-3.1.1 and Pg-0.1

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Having a problem with RoR-3.1.1 and Pg-0.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Friday, February 24, 2012 7:16:47 am James B. Byrne wrote:
> CentOS-5.7
> RoR-3.1.1
> Pg-9.1
>
> I am trying to run a test suite against Pg-9.1 for a
> RoR-3.1.1 based application.  When I run the test DB setup
> task it fails:
>
> $ rake db:test:prepare
> Using AdapterExtensions
> psql:/...rails3/db/development_structure.sql:22: ERROR:
> must be owner of extension plpgsql
>

> The offending line in development_structure.sql is:
>
> COMMENT ON EXTENSION plpgsql IS 'PL/pgSQL procedural
> language';
>
> The error does not happen if the target DBMS is Pg-8.4.  I
> recall that with 8.4 that we would see warnings relating
> to trying to load/create plpgsql when it already existed
> in the test database but now we are getting an error which
> stops further processing.  Is there a way around this?

See here for similar report:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2012-02/msg00504.php

The options seem to be run the script as the owner of the plpgsql EXTENSION or
do not include the comment.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: problem trying to create a temp table