Having a problem with RoR-3.1.1 and Pg-0.1

От James B. Byrne
Тема Having a problem with RoR-3.1.1 and Pg-0.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
CentOS-5.7
RoR-3.1.1
Pg-9.1

I am trying to run a test suite against Pg-9.1 for a
RoR-3.1.1 based application.  When I run the test DB setup
task it fails:

$ rake db:test:prepare
Using AdapterExtensions
psql:/...rails3/db/development_structure.sql:22: ERROR:
must be owner of extension plpgsql

The offending line in development_structure.sql is:

COMMENT ON EXTENSION plpgsql IS 'PL/pgSQL procedural
language';

The error does not happen if the target DBMS is Pg-8.4.  I
recall that with 8.4 that we would see warnings relating
to trying to load/create plpgsql when it already existed
in the test database but now we are getting an error which
stops further processing.  Is there a way around this?

I have already reported the problem to the Rails list in
order to discover if this is a defect or if there is some
way to avoid this issue with Pg-9.1.

James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB@Harte-Lyne.ca
Canada  L8E 3C3