Re: [GENERAL] FW: backup using pg_dump postgreSQL 8.3.8

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: [GENERAL] FW: backup using pg_dump postgreSQL 8.3.8
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 10:31:56AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca> writes:
> > On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 03:58:20PM +0200, Sandy Test wrote:

> >> Unfortunately, even with the pg_hba.conf fix of adding host postgres ...
> >> trust,

> If it is asking for a password, and password authentication is what's
> supposed to be used, then pg_hba is not where the problem is.

Yes, but I think the OP was saying that the setting was moved to
trust.  My point was just that adding a trust entry isn't enough if
there's an earlier password entry.

I agree that .pgpass is probably the desired answer anyway.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@crankycanuck.ca