Re: A small update for postgresql.conf.sample

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: A small update for postgresql.conf.sample
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:

> >> I was wondering if it would cause package management headaches for
> >> people who had already modified their postgresql.conf.
> >
> > We don't overwrite .conf files during upgrades.
>
> All right, have it your way.  Done.  :-)
>
> (Dang this is a lot easier than the old way.)

Uh, I have always been reluctant to backpatch changes to
postgresql.conf.sample because those changes are going to be installed
in share/postgresql.conf.sample during a minor upgrade.  After that, if
someone diffs their data/postgresql.conf with
share/postgresql.conf.sample, they will see change that they did not
make to postgresql.conf.

Not sure you want to revert this changes, but I wanted to be sure people
understood this behavior.

http://enterprisedb.com