Re: Re: starting to review the Extend NOT NULL representation to pg_constraint patch

От Bernd Helmle
Тема Re: Re: starting to review the Extend NOT NULL representation to pg_constraint patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

--On 14. Oktober 2010 11:42:27 -0400 Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> I did a sanity make clean && make && make check before applying the
>> patch and all the tests passed.  After applying the patch and doing
>> make clean && make && make check, I got a number of failures of the
>> form “FAILED (test process exited with exit code 2)”.  The exact
>> number of failures varies by run, so I’m wondering if I didn’t do
>> something wrong...
>
> That indicates that PostgreSQL is crashing.  So I think this patch is
> definitely not ready for prime time yet, and needs some debugging.  In
> view of the fact that we are out of time for this CommitFest, I'm
> going to mark this Returned with Feedback in the CommitFest
> application.  Hopefully it will be resubmitted for the next CommitFest
> after further refinement, because I think this is a good and useful
> improvement.

Yeah, its crashing but it doesn't do it here on my MacBook.... (passing the
regression test is one of my top prio when submitting a patch). Must be
some broken pointer or similar oversight which is triggered on Andrew's
box. Andrew, which OS and architecture have you tested on?

--
Thanks
Bernd