Re: Massively Parallel transactioning?

От Adrian von Bidder
Тема Re: Massively Parallel transactioning?
Дата
Re: Massively Parallel transactioning?  (Benjamin Smith <lists@benjamindsmith.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Heyho!

On Thursday 19 August 2010 01.32:06 Benjamin Smith wrote:
> This way we can be sure that either all the databases are in synch, or
> that we  need to rollback the program patch/update.

I guess this might be more a hack than a solution: do the updates in batches
and use 2pc: first connect to batches of databases, but instead of commit,
you "prepare to commit".  Prepared commits like this are persistent accross
connections, so you can come back later and commit or rollback.

Note that such prepared commits will block (some) stuff and use resources
(not sure how many) before they are finally committed or rolled back, so
you'll want to make sure they don't stick around too long.

cheers
-- vbi

--
featured product: ClamAV Antivirus - http://www.clamav.net/