Re: Massively Parallel transactioning?

От Benjamin Smith
Тема Re: Massively Parallel transactioning?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday, August 18, 2010 08:40:21 pm Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> Heyho!
>
> On Thursday 19 August 2010 01.32:06 Benjamin Smith wrote:
> > This way we can be sure that either all the databases are in synch, or
> > that we  need to rollback the program patch/update.
>
> I guess this might be more a hack than a solution: do the updates in
> batches and use 2pc: first connect to batches of databases, but instead of
> commit, you "prepare to commit".  Prepared commits like this are
> persistent accross connections, so you can come back later and commit or
> rollback.
>
> Note that such prepared commits will block (some) stuff and use resources
> (not sure how many) before they are finally committed or rolled back, so
> you'll want to make sure they don't stick around too long.

I can't see how this would be a hack, it's EXACTLY what I'm looking for!

So often I find that when limits in Postgres get in my way, it's because I
don't understand Postgres well enough.

Much kudos to all of the Postgres team!

believed to be clean.

От: Sam Nelson
Сообщение: Missing Toast Chunk
От: Benjamin Smith
Сообщение: Re: Massively Parallel transactioning?