Re: SHOW TABLES

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: SHOW TABLES
Дата
Re: SHOW TABLES  (Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc>)
Re: SHOW TABLES  (Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine@hi-media.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sunday 18 July 2010 20:39:07 Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
> SHOW ANY TABLE
> GROUP BY tablename
>   HAVING array_agg(attributes) @> array['date'::regtype, 'time'::regtype];
Why is that in *any* way better than

SELECT *
FROM meta.tables

Oh. The second looks like something I know. Oh. My editor maybe as well? Oh.
And some other tools also?

Your syntax also forgets that maybe I only need a subset of the information.

I am quite a bit surprised about all this discussion. I have a very hard time
we will find anything people agree about and can remember well enough to be
usefull for both manual and automatic processing.

I agree that the internal pg_* tables are not exactly easy to query. And that
the information_schema. ones arent complete enough and have enough concept
mismatch to be confusing. But why all this?

Andres