Re: proper tuning for restoring from pg_dump in 8.3.7

От David Kerr
Тема Re: proper tuning for restoring from pg_dump in 8.3.7
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 05:30:17PM -0400, Burgholzer, Robert (DEQ) wrote:
- >.  The options I suggested be turned off just for the load process
- > ...
- > not safe if the other databases are in the same PostgreSQL Cluster
-
- They are, so I won't --- thanks for the heads up on that too.
-
- Just for posterity, here is the systems specs (from my hardware guy):
- DEQ1 is on centos 5.3
- W/ 1.5Tb striped system volumes using a pair of standard 7600 rpm sata
- drives.  These are on system 3 gbit/s ports.

So that makes total sense. you're flooding your disks/controller doing
the massive amount of writing that's involved with the restore.

Dave

Сообщение: Re: proper tuning for restoring from pg_dump in 8.3.7
Сообщение: Re: proper tuning for restoring from pg_dump in 8.3.7