Re: proper tuning for restoring from pg_dump in 8.3.7

От Burgholzer, Robert (DEQ)
Тема Re: proper tuning for restoring from pg_dump in 8.3.7
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Kevin,
Thanks a ton for your responses (and forwarding to the list).  As you
gathered, I had two issues - long load time, performance hit on other
databases on the same machine.  I simply didn't conceptualize my problem
properly, so I wasn't able to ask for the right help... so:

> and *those* are the ones where you see the performance problems?

Yes - most definitely (since I was told earlier that the load time was
appropriate for the size of the restore)

>.  The options I suggested be turned off just for the load process
> not safe if the other databases are in the same PostgreSQL Cluster

They are, so I won't --- thanks for the heads up on that too.

Just for posterity, here is the systems specs (from my hardware guy):
DEQ1 is on centos 5.3
W/ 1.5Tb striped system volumes using a pair of standard 7600 rpm sata
drives.  These are on system 3 gbit/s ports.

Once again, thanks,
r.b.

Сообщение: Re: proper tuning for restoring from pg_dump in 8.3.7
Сообщение: Re: proper tuning for restoring from pg_dump in 8.3.7