Re: Assertion failure in get_attstatsslot()

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Assertion failure in get_attstatsslot()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
1;2401;0cOn Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 06:49:27PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of vie jul 09 12:16:42 -0400 2010:
>
> > If anybody feels really uncomfortable with that, we could add a
> > compensating "Assert(IsBinaryCoercible(ARR_ELEMTYPE(statarray),
> > atttype))" into get_attstatsslot().  Not sure if it's worth the cycles.
> Cycles spent only in assert-enabled builds?  Why not?
The slower assert-enabled is, the less likely it is that somebody can
run serious testing on it - potentially catching bugs way much easier.
Contrarily to your statement I would actually like to remove some
older asserts.
For example AtEOXact_Buffers makes it significantly expensive to do
assert tests on larger shbuf setups.

Andres

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Assertion failure in get_attstatsslot()
От: Boxuan Zhai
Сообщение: gSoC - ADD MERGE COMMAND - code patch submission