Re: how to create an admin user for restore database.

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: how to create an admin user for restore database.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tuesday 22 June 2010 6:50:28 pm Sam Wun wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With PG 8.4, I can't find a documentation to show me how to create a
> super user or admin user for the PGSQL.
>
> I have crated a user called "liferayadmin" and a database "liferay".
>
> then executed the following command:
>
> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON DATABASE liferay to liferayadmin;
>
> When I launched pgadmin in windows and login as user liferayadmin,
> from the tools menu, the restore command is disabled.
> I think the user "liferayadmin" does not have the privilege to restore
> database.
>
> How can I enable a user with restore permission?
>
> Your help is very much appreciated
>
> Thanks
> Sam

You do say how you installed Postgres. Generally by the default there is a super
user created with name of postgres. Also generally by default there is a local
connection set up with an authentication of trust. You should be able to log in
as postgres and have the necessary permissions.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com