how to create an admin user for restore database.

От Sam Wun
Тема how to create an admin user for restore database.
Дата
Re: how to create an admin user for restore database.  (Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

With PG 8.4, I can't find a documentation to show me how to create a
super user or admin user for the PGSQL.

I have crated a user called "liferayadmin" and a database "liferay".

then executed the following command:

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON DATABASE liferay to liferayadmin;

When I launched pgadmin in windows and login as user liferayadmin,
from the tools menu, the restore command is disabled.
I think the user "liferayadmin" does not have the privilege to restore database.

How can I enable a user with restore permission?

Your help is very much appreciated

Thanks
Sam