Re: A thought about other open source projects

От David Goodenough
Тема Re: A thought about other open source projects
Дата
Re: A thought about other open source projects  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
Список pgsql-general
On Monday 21 June 2010, Lew wrote:
> Sim Zacks wrote:
> >> database agnostic code is theoretically a great idea. However, you
lose
> >> most of the advantages of the chosen database engine. For
example, if
> >> you support an engine that does not support relational integrity you
> >> cannot use delete cascades.
> >> The most efficient way is to have a separate backend module per
> >
> > database
> >
> >> (or db version) supported. The quickest way is to write code that will
> >> work on any db but won't take advantage of db-specific features.
>
> David Goodenough wrote:
> > This is what I am trying to encourage.  I am asking about the best
> > way to encourage it.
>
> You want to encourage the use of databases that don't support
relational
> integrity?
no, I want to encourage "The quickest way is to write code that will

От: Lew
Сообщение: Re: A thought about other open source projects
От: David Fetter
Сообщение: Re: A thought about other open source projects