Re: Move data from DB2 to Postgres any software/solutions/approach?

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Move data from DB2 to Postgres any software/solutions/approach?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Deepak,

You can use DBI-Link to make writeable views of tables in DB2 (or
other data store) from PostgreSQL.  You can use the same linkage to
materialize those views, if you like.

The latest version of the software is on GitHub

http://github.com/davidfetter/DBI-Link

You can also join the low-traffic mailing list at

http://pgfoundry.org/projects/dbi-link/

Cheers,
David.
On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 02:33:53PM -0700, DM wrote:
> Sorry i didnt frame my question properly earlier, we are looking for
> solution to do real time replication from db2 to postgres, its different
> from migration.
> Eventually we want to move away from DB2. Intention is to create a subset of
> a db2 database on postgres and allow users to access the postgres database.
>
> Thanks
> Deepak
>
> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 2:23 PM, DM <dm.aeqa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Robert,
> >
> > Is there any tools available.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Deepak
> >

> > On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Richard Broersma <
> > richard.broersma@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> software /
> >>

> >> Here is a link on the postgresql wiki.
> >>
> >> Hopefully it has some useful information.
> >>

> >> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Converting_from_other_Databases_to_PostgreSQL#IBM_DB2
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >> Richard Broersma Jr.
> >>
> >> Visit the Los Angeles PostgreSQL Users Group (LAPUG)
> >> http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug

Remember to vote!