Re: 9.0 release notes done

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: 9.0 release notes done
Дата
Re: 9.0 release notes done  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 3/22/10 7:46 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I do not require them to submit SGML;  just some format where I can
> > identify the lines that changed.  I can do the same for the release
> > notes.  I have to check the diffs anyway so manually merging in the
> > changes isn't a problem.
>
> So there are 2 large problems I have with the SGML version, let's see if
> we can deal with them separately:
>
> (1) re-arranging and regrouping the items: the stuff in the release
> notes should end up in 7-8 clear categories, with items arranged in
> descending order by importance.  SGML+CVS makes this a task which cannot
> be done collaboratively.

Uh, are you saying you want to remove the exiting release note
subcategories and put everything into 7-8 long lists?  That hardly seems
like an improvement, or are you talking about make a user-focused list
that is shorter with 7-8 categories?

http://enterprisedb.com
 PG East:  http://www.enterprisedb.com/community/nav-pg-east-2010.do