Re: 9.0 release notes done

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: 9.0 release notes done
Дата
Re: 9.0 release notes done  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
Re: 9.0 release notes done  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 3/22/10 7:46 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I do not require them to submit SGML;  just some format where I can
> identify the lines that changed.  I can do the same for the release
> notes.  I have to check the diffs anyway so manually merging in the
> changes isn't a problem.

So there are 2 large problems I have with the SGML version, let's see if
we can deal with them separately:

(1) re-arranging and regrouping the items: the stuff in the release
notes should end up in 7-8 clear categories, with items arranged in
descending order by importance.  SGML+CVS makes this a task which cannot
be done collaboratively.

(2) Seeing my edits.  There's no edit-->view-->edit cycle with the SGML,
and it's really hard to check grammar and languge ... let alone compare
stuff to the alphas ... in raw SGML.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com