Re: 9.0 release notes done

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: 9.0 release notes done
Дата
Re: 9.0 release notes done  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:
> > Interestingly the 9.0 release notes contain 201 items, while the 8.4
> > release notes contained 314 items. ?Of course we will be adding a few
> > more 9.0 items before 9.0 final, but not a lot. ?The only explanation I
> > can think of is that we were more focused during this release, and there
> > were fewer minor cleanups. ?The migration issues section, for example,
> > was significantly smaller than in 8.4.
>
> Cool.  Thanks for getting this done!
>
> I think we need you and Tom and other senior community members to
> weigh in a little more overtly on which of the remaining open items
> should get fixed prior to 9.0beta.  The biggest thing that is holding
> us up right now seems to be that we don't really know what we're
> waiting for.  If we start talking about it, we might collectively make
> the wrong decision; but that's surely better than making no decision
> and letting things drag out.

Well, Tom and I have already posted publicly about it.  There is nothing
that either us see on the 9.0 "Bugs" open items list that would delay a
beta:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_9.0_Open_Items

The real wildcard is HS and SR.  I asked publicly if we thought we could
release a beta while they were known to be incomplete/broken, and
several replied that we could not, so it appears we are waiting on the
group focusing on those features to say they are ready.

http://enterprisedb.com
 PG East:  http://www.enterprisedb.com/community/nav-pg-east-2010.do