Re: 9.0 release notes done

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: 9.0 release notes done
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 12:02 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> I have completed the 9.0 release notes:
>
>        http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/release-9-0.html
>
> I kept the 9.0-alpha release notes in the SGML because people might want
> to compare them with the release notes I did, and because the
> introductory text will be needed for the next alpha.  Eventually we will
> want to trim the alpha SGML and perhaps place it in a large comment
> block for use for 9.1 alphas.
>
> Interestingly the 9.0 release notes contain 201 items, while the 8.4
> release notes contained 314 items.  Of course we will be adding a few
> more 9.0 items before 9.0 final, but not a lot.  The only explanation I
> can think of is that we were more focused during this release, and there
> were fewer minor cleanups.  The migration issues section, for example,
> was significantly smaller than in 8.4.

Cool.  Thanks for getting this done!

I think we need you and Tom and other senior community members to
weigh in a little more overtly on which of the remaining open items
should get fixed prior to 9.0beta.  The biggest thing that is holding
us up right now seems to be that we don't really know what we're
waiting for.  If we start talking about it, we might collectively make
the wrong decision; but that's surely better than making no decision
and letting things drag out.

...Robert