Re: 9.0 release notes done

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: 9.0 release notes done
Дата
Re: xmlconcat (was 9.0 release notes done)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Well, Tom and I have already posted publicly about it.  There is nothing
> that either us see on the 9.0 "Bugs" open items list that would delay a
> beta:
>
>     http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_9.0_Open_Items

I have just been looking at the xmlconcat bug on that list. I can't
think of any better solution than parsing the resulting string to make
sure it is well-formed before we return, with lines something like this:
   xmlDocPtr   doc;   xmltype *str = stringinfo_to_xmltype(&buf);   doc = xml_parse(str, xmloption, true,
GetDatabaseEncoding());  xmlFreeDoc(doc);

That's surely going to affect the performance of xmlconcat, not sure how
much.

Does anyone have a better suggestion?

cheers

andrew