Preventing OS administrator/root account access to data

От chris.jurado
Тема Preventing OS administrator/root account access to data
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello.
Let's say in a commercial environment where you install the database in a customer's server and their IT people have
admin/rootaccess to this server. How can we make sure that they don't get direct access to the database (e.g. like
editingpg_hba.conf and setting it to trust). We don't like them messing up with our data and the postgresql
configuration.Otherwise, it would be very difficult to support them if any problem arises. Is there a way to disable
readingof the pg_hba.conf or maybe preventing the admin/root from modifying configuration files? any suggestions? this
appliesto both linux and windows.
Thank you.
Christopher Brian L. Jurado
Primary Software Development Corporation
www.primesoft.ph

Sent via the WebMail system at primesoft.ph