Re: Preventing OS administrator/root account access to data

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Preventing OS administrator/root account access to data
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"chris.jurado" <chris.jurado@primesoft.ph> writes:
> Let's say in a commercial environment where you install the database in a customer's server and their IT people have
admin/rootaccess to this server. How can we make sure that they don't get direct access to the database (e.g. like
editingpg_hba.conf and setting it to trust). We don't like them messing up with our data and the postgresql
configuration.Otherwise, it would be very difficult to support them if any problem arises. Is there a way to disable
readingof the pg_hba.conf or maybe preventing the admin/root from modifying configuration files? any suggestions? this
appliesto both linux and windows.

This fantasy has been discussed before.  You cannot protect the database
against someone who has root privileges on the box; if you believe
anyone who tells you otherwise, I have a nice bridge I'd like to sell
you.

Put it on a machine where you do trust the admins, instead.

In commercial contexts, the more usual procedure is to put appropriate
restrictions into the contract.  "Warranty void if seal is broken", etc.

От: "chris.jurado"
Сообщение: Preventing OS administrator/root account access to data
От: OldManRiver
Сообщение: Re: Just Forgot