Re: Open source and diagramming survey

От Sam Mason
Тема Re: Open source and diagramming survey
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 08:43:51PM -0400, Martin Gainty wrote:
> your survey should refrain from collecting demographic information
> demographic information has no bearing on Computer Science, the
> Apache community in general or becoming a contributor to the Postgres
> community

Really?  How can you be so sure if you don't ask the question?  I've
just had a look and there appears to be some literature on the subject,
so you at least want to ask the question to make sure you're getting a
representative sample.

Surely it's up to the person doing the survey to decide whether this
should go in; if it's coming from an academic department they will (or
should at least) know how much people dislike these sorts of questions
and will only include them if necessary.

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/