Re: Which installation parts are backward compatible?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Which installation parts are backward compatible?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Euler Taveira de Oliveira wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut escreveu:
> > If no such list exists yet, perhaps we can complete the above one, document
> > it, and pass it on to the packagers.
> >
> Are you suggesting that if an user has 7.4 and install 8.3 then the package
> will replace psql-7.4 with psql-8.3? It will confuse users more that help them
> (psql --version ?) and we will have extra effort to maintain the compatibility
> version list at each binary.

psql is already compatible with old versions.  I don't think we should
throw away that work by not maintaining it.

Сообщение: Re: Which installation parts are backward compatible?
Сообщение: Re: Which installation parts are backward compatible?