Re: Which installation parts are backward compatible?

От Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Тема Re: Which installation parts are backward compatible?
Дата
Re: Which installation parts are backward compatible?
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut escreveu:
> If no such list exists yet, perhaps we can complete the above one, document
> it, and pass it on to the packagers.

Are you suggesting that if an user has 7.4 and install 8.3 then the package
will replace psql-7.4 with psql-8.3? It will confuse users more that help them
(psql --version ?) and we will have extra effort to maintain the compatibility
version list at each binary.

IMHO, we shouldn't advise packagers to do it and instead put some efforts in
the in-place-upgrade project.

--  Euler Taveira de Oliveira http://www.timbira.com/

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: Which installation parts are backward compatible?
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Which installation parts are backward compatible?