Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update autovacuum to use reloptions instead of a system catalog,

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update autovacuum to use reloptions instead of a system catalog,
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > This version should fix these issues.  I refrained from adding more ? :
> > expressions because it starts getting ugly for my taste.
>
> I think you might as well just introduce two separate code paths to
> produce the 8.4 and pre-8.4 queries, so that you don't need the LEFT
> JOIN in the pre-8.4 path.

Right, see attached.  (Separating the last two cases is probably
overkill ...?)  I tested with HEAD, 8.2 and 8.0, seems to work fine.

> IMHO the cut-and-paste way that we usually
> do it in pg_dump is a whole lot easier to read and maintain than this
> sort of ?: spaghetti.

Hmm, so should we try to get rid of them in a more consistent fashion?

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: temporarily stop autovacuum
Сообщение: Re: temporarily stop autovacuum